I'm a regular poster in UK Climbing and it has a thriving online and offline community, with members regularly getting together for climbing 'meets'. There's one every March in Glen Coe and seeing that it's just down the road from me I thought I'd go along with my daughter.



The weather was wet, windy and generally unpleasant so we didn't go too far, just a short walk along the West Highland Way from behind the Mar lodge in Kinlochleven. All the rivers were very much in full flow and the Blackwater dam had water from the Loch flowing over the top of it! Normally you can walk across it, not in this weather!



The wee one did well considering the dire weather, her efforts were rewarded with a hot chocolate at the Ice Factor in Kinlochleven. It was nice to meet the UKC folk a most of whom I'd never met before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment